Pages

Friday 4 July 2014

My review for The baking life of Amelie Day. By Vanessa Curtis.

A story about a young girl with cystic fibrosis , who loves to bake. She is thrilled to get invited to take part in the " best teen baker" competition in London , but is she too ill to travel ?

When Amelie is invited to London to take part in the " best teen baker " competition her mum says no , because Amelie has cystic fibrosis.Some days she is fine and some days she struggles to breathe.This worries her mum.
It's difficult for Amelie because she needs daily physio and has a lot of pills and medicines to take.
She sneaks to London on the train without her mum knowing!!!
My favourite character is Amelie because she is very determined and nothing will stop her getting where she wants.
I like the story because it is easy to read and very descriptive while dealing with a range of emotions.It has also given me an idea of what it is like to live with cystic fibrosis.
I liked the recipes throughout the book.
I agree that this will appeal to readers of 9+

This is my review for lovereading4kids.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment